Some of the users might get confused when it comes to differentiating in between Google Chrome Extensions and Web Apps. Although, these are related to Google; yet there are variations and differences among them. Let us have a look at each one of these:
Google Chrome Extensions
Google Chrome Extensions offer a wide range of functionality. They provide you with the latest buttons and address bar options that extend the usability and features of the browser.
You add additional features with the help of extensions that help to change the look and appearance and enhance the performance of your web experience. There are a lot of things hidden to explore in it. You can easily change the layouts of web pages for your own convenience and get everything from the web store.
The main difference in between extensions and apps is that the former is a technical utility whereas the latter is a fully fledged application, integrated in the browser.
- AdBlock Plus – this extension helps to reduce the pop-up advertisements, while surfing on the net. It is easy to get irritated with the ads, which suddenly pops-up by clicking any link. This extension would avoid such irritation. It is one of the popular extensions used by more than 6,000,000 users, worldwide. It is the most popular extension for Google Chrome. Adblock Plus (Version 2.5) is new in the web store.
- Browser Toolbar – this toolbar dwells within the respective browser. It is crucial for all the major browsers to support the toolbar development, as it helps in a smart way to increase browser’s GUI and functionality. In Google Chrome, CSS is used to design and style the toolbar. You have the option in the Chrome, to automatically update the toolbar and other extension.
- Googlepedia – it is a free software extension for web browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. With the help of this extension, relevant articles are retrieved from free Web-based encyclopedia, Wikipedia and other Google result pages or search engines.
- Turn off the lights – it is also one of the most popular extensions, which has been downloaded by more than 150,000 users per week. The major purpose of this extension is to detect any video or flash and let it play. This extension is highlighted with a lamp icon on Google Chrome. When the user clicks on the silver lamp in the toolbar, the screen surrounding is fades away. Clinking on outside surface of the videos would restore the screen. It is very useful to video-watchers.
Google Web Apps
Web apps are just like the Android Market or the App Store on Android and iPhones. Google web apps provide you with intuitive measures to install applications that can work straightly from your browser. Here you have a wide variety of applications, which you can choose to install. They cover a wide variety of categories ranging from web pages layout, gaming, videos, editing and much more.
It is important that you have to select your desired Google Chrome application, which you really want to install. Applications are available for education and business purposes. For businesses, there is certain amount that you have to pay in the start (it is free for first 30 days) and then on yearly basis. The subscription would amount for $ 50 USD per year. For education purposes, the Google web apps are free. These applications help to improve your browsing experience. They are easy to use with user friendly interface.
Major purpose of the Google web apps is to make your browsing experience a good one. Thus, resolving any issue that decreases your user friendly experience. Google is always there to provide you with the experience you need. You are able to save your time and resources with it. Google would keep on providing or entertaining you with the ultimate pleasure.
Spend interesting and valuable time over the net with some of these Google Apps:
- Angry Birds – kills your boredom and make you fun and thrilled with the amazing and interesting levels.
- Bubble Shooter – shoot the bubbles and earn points
- Applications for business, students, web developers
- Editing applications–use these to edit your webpages. It includes Graphing Calculator, Google Mail Checker, Google Translator and much more.