iPhone provides a wide range of applications for any sort of professional user, who carries this gadget. For example, if you are a medical practitioner or a doctor, you have access to one of the world’s best apps as a healthcare professional.
Apple developers have made several iPhone apps for the healthcare professional, which helps them to diagnose anywhere they are.
Some of The Best Free iPhone Medical Apps Are Listed Below
MedScape is an official WebMD app, which is one of the best medical resources mostly used by fresh students, doctors and nurses as a credible source of medical references. It includes a lot of applicable features for the doctors and provides medical news and alerts of availability within 34 different areas.
These specialty areas are updated on daily basis, thus reducing the chances of errors in the cases. You can save email addresses; and share them on Facebook for awareness. You can get information on every drug alongside the symptoms on your iPhone, which can help you, diagnose the patient in a better way. Here are some clinical references from Medscape:
- Prescription and safety information for 8000 drugs, OTC drugs, and herbals & supplements
- Drug interaction informer with nearly 30 drug interactions
- Feasibility to save drugs most commonly searched in a new separate list
- Tablet images, prices, and guidelines for pregnant & lactating mothers
Micromedex Drug Information
Now the professional healthcare can use this iPhone application on their gadgets for free. This application covers more than 4500 terms related to drugs and how they should be given, causes, side effects, symptoms and much more.
This free iPhone application provides complete information about drugs which you would prescribe to the patient. Any update in the medicine would be provided immediately.
It covers all of the drug related information and terms related to:
- Generic drugs
- Common marketed names
- Black box warnings
- Therapeutic class
- Dosage for adult and children
- “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled” instructions and indications
- Administration& monitoring
- Drug interactions
- Common & serious side effects
- Category division by pregnancy & lactating mothers
Eponyms (for students)
It is a comprehensive list of 1,700 common obscure medical eponyms for students to easily find out on their cell phone.
It is a perfect tool to quickly look for the meaning of any eponym. It is easy to use and keeps a track of previously accessed searches.
Calculate by QxMD
It is an iPhone application with more than 150 unique calculators and decision support tools to help medical professionals make logically sound medical decisions. It is developed by the collaboration of clinical experts from different backgrounds. The technology is highly user-friendly and provides answers to questions promptly.
The results generated are highly reliable. One of the best features is that it helps to reduce and predict any surgical complications. Provided with this, it also guides the treatment of the problem. It would determine any cardiovascular risk arising from any disease or symptoms. Some of tehoterh feature includes:
- Convenience of converting research reports, to handheld tools.
- Automatic adoption with your own clinical practice
- ‘Question Flow’ technology provides you with compelling answers easily
- Pubmed integration provides detailed references
- Wide-ranging and intuitive results
- Sophisticated design and spontaneous interface
Grays Anatomy Student Edition
It is a must have book for the students, especially for the first years. This book provide all the detailed information, causes and effects, symptoms, diagnose and drugs dosage to every single treatment of the disease. The students Gray Anatomy book includes following features:
- Inclusive manuscript and Full HD graphics
- SCROLLABLE THUMBNAILS view
- ZOOM IMAGES LIKE PHOTOS
- Easy Navigation
- Create Notes for each illustration
- Email images text and notes